Sunday, October 4, 2009

iTune University



iTunes University is a free service hosted by Apple that allows instructors, administrators, and affilliates to manage, distribute, and control access to educational content. It helps users easily search, download, and play educational content. To download iTunes University you can go to the website: iTunes Download .

Teachers can podcast lectures on iTunes University. It allows students to be able to go back to difficult parts of a lecture and take better notes say Dan Mckinney according to Science in Society website:
Science in Society . iTunes University features free lectures, language lessons, audiobooks, and more. You can explore over 200,000 educational audio and video files from top universities, museums, and public organizations from all over the world. To learn all you can about iTunes University you can watch a video at iTunes U Introduction .

iTunes University can help me as a teacher because it will give me and my students a good resource to receive information about a topic we may be studying in our classroom or may be getting ready to study. I can even as a teacher listen to a lecture on a topic I am getting ready to discuss with my class and here how another teacher talked about it. Then I can see if the way they taught will work for me and benefit my students or maybe even just be able to get a few ideas from it to enhance my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment