Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dr. Alice Christie's Website




Dr. Alice Christie's website will be very useful when becoming a teacher or even as a student. It gives many websites and information about many different things that can help you as a teacher. She made the website to share what she has learned from being a teacher for forty years. It has many different sections such as multimedia, educational technology, Web Design, photography, etc. The section that I found most useful was the educational technology section. It gives many ways in which teachers can use technology to enhance their teaching and to help their students' learn. I looked under the sub section Multimedia. I found it very interesting because it had all different type of multimedia that you as a teacher can teach to your students in the classroom and still use the curriculum. For example, how to make an electronic postcard. Dr. Christie gave many websites that you can use to find out how you can integrate postcards in =to the classroom, what activities would work, and how you can still use the teaching curriculum with it.

It also had websites to different glossaries, where students can look up important terms and vocabulary. It had sites on Art and how you can use it on the Internet. It gave different links such as, Museum of Tolerance Multimedia Learning center. The link had an extensive collection of Holocaust Pictures. This would help me as a teacher if I was teaching History to my students and we were studying the Holocaust. The website also gives instructions on how to use a digital camera, a resource page about them, and the different features that digital cameras have.

I really enjoyed looking at Dr. Christie's web page because it will be very beneficial to me as a teacher and allow me to integrate fun and interesting things into my lessons to help keep my students excited about learning.To look at her website or see her photo from above go to"Alice Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment