Saturday, August 22, 2009

2008 Latest Edition- Did you know??? 3.0

I thought the video was very informative on a lot of things that I was not aware of. The information was very unique and very interesting to me. I thought it was interesting to know that India has more honor kids than the United States has kids alone. I never knew this and it shows how much we need to work on our children's education. The fact that we are preparing our children for jobs that don't exist is still kind of confusing to me. I don't understand how we can prepare someone for something that does not exist. It just does not seem logical to me. Also preparing them to use technologies that have not bee invented yet is confusing to me for the same reason.


Another point that I saw in the presentation is that a person will have 10-14 jobs by the age of 38 (I think). As much as it is hard to believe, this is already becoming quite true in the United States. People change jobs all the time for different reasons, and if a person does not quit or change their job, he or she will probably be laid off sooner or later for economic reasons. Another fact that was said in the presentation is that 1 out of 8 couples met online. This just proves that the internet is becoming a huge social networking device. This may be because of the advertisements on television for sites on the computer such as eharmony.com or match.com.


The internet is growing more and more everyday. For example, there is 31 billion searches done on just Google alone every month. Could you imagine if we counted all of the searches done for each informational source?Not even considering that the search number for Google look-ups was 2.7 billion in 2006. Technology has become more and more advanced over the years as well. For example, the presentation says that the number of text messages sent and received a day is over the planets total population. That is outrageous!


All in all, I really enjoyed watching and learning from this presentation on you tube. It helped me learn a lot about how much technology is growing all over the world.

2 comments:

  1. I also thought that the video was very interesting. It will open your eyes about education. I feel that the U.S. does not value grade school (K-12) education as much as other countries. Think about, Mobile County has a shortage of teacher but they have been laying teachers off for the past three years. One thing about the school system is that they do keep up with the technology. A lot of the schools in the county have smart board and they teach the student how to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Post! I Don't see the other parts??

    ReplyDelete