Thursday, November 19, 2009

What I Learned in this class this Semester

This semester my EDM 310 class has been a very rewarding experience. I have learned many new things about technology and how to incorporate it into the elementary classroom. Before I began this class I did not believe that a teacher could incorporate technology into the classroom other than by using PowerPoint and allowing the students to play games on the computer.Now after going through an entire semester in my EDM 310 class and learning about all different types of technology, I now know that I was wrong and that technology can easily be put into an elementary education classroom. I learned that as a teacher you can have a class blog to help keep parents and students aware of what is going on in the classroom and it can also be used to keep in touch with teachers all around the world. Another kind of technology device that can be incorporated are cameras. Cameras can be used to take pictures outside for a Science experiment or for and Art assignment. The children can learn about cameras and learn how to use them effectively in life. Twitter is also a helpful source because it helps the teacher keep in touch with students and parents as well.This also allows for the use of a cellular device because one can check their email, twitter, or even a class blog from it.

There is one thing that seemed challenging to me while in EDM 310 and that is the spreadsheet assignments and learning how to use all of the formulas effectively and right during a document. This will be very useful to me in the classroom because I can keep up with supply costs, lunch money, or even field trip money by using spreadsheet and the formulas that come with it.I would not, however, change anything about this course because everything in the course is significant in becoming a teacher. I do believe that I am more technology literate than I was before I came into EDM 310. However, I do not believe I have made it all the way. There are a few obstacles regarding technology that I need to overcome and definitely plan on doing in the future. To improve my knowledge of technology I will continue to go to workshops that are technology based and teach you more about the different kinds of technology.

1 comment:

  1. Best Wishes on your new marriage, all the best!! You are a good student :=))

    ReplyDelete